276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Temptation of Gracie

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

She was an absolute delight to read about and added several (unintentional on her part) comedy moments. However, my particular favourite was Flappy Scott-Booth – the bossy, snobby, interfering head of Badley Compton Ladies’ Book Club. Gracie Burton is a 68-year-old widow, she's cautious, unadventurous and likes to stay out of the limelight. Chiar dacă acțiunea cărții se împarte în două planuri temporale și perspectiva sare de la un personaj la altul, stilul de scriere al autoarei nu este obositor și nici plicticos. The busy daughter, Carina, shows just how easy it is to lose sight of what is really important in life as she re-evaluates her priorities, and Anastasia demonstrates, in her actions, how important it is to listen.

The Temptation of Grace: A Witty and Steamy Regency Romance The Temptation of Grace: A Witty and Steamy Regency Romance

Having read all your books, I love Meet me under the Ombu tree most, for the pull on one’s heartstrings. The time that she spent in Argentine turned out to be some of the best things that her parents ever did for her. Her only family - daughter Carina and granddaughter Anastasia - are hesitant about what has prompted this seemingly random venture.It is whilst she is having her hair done in the local salon that she comes up with an idea - to go to Italy on a cookery course. It is essentially a feel-good story where the reader has a feeling from the start that all will end happily ever after, they are just not sure how. Anastasia, Carina’s daughter, also goes and she gradually gets to know her grandmother on the trip- this is a touching family story as well as a romance.

The Temptation of Gracie | Book by Santa Montefiore

If you are a lover of romance novels and countrysides, I am sure that this book won’t disappoint you. Te lași ușor furat de farmecul Toscanei, al personajelor și al poveștii, pus în valoare de descrieri frumoase și trăiri surprinzătoare, iar la final n-ai vrea să te desprinzi de această aventură. Gentle, precocious, talented, he flourishes in his new home, and the family show him a life he hadn’t dreamed possible. From not knowing each other very well at all, they realise how similar they are (in more ways than one! He makes Gracie do something that she feels conflicted about, and the way he convinces her to do it anyway made me wonder if he liked her for herself or for what she could do for him (in this case, have revenge on a greedy family member).Alles wordt zo uitgebreid beschreven, zo langdradig over hoe de tuin eruit ziet en dat soort dingen. Very weak and loaded with dated phrases like: “All she could do was whisper her love into a pillow at night.

The Temptation of Gracie by Santa Montefiore Book Review: The Temptation of Gracie by Santa Montefiore

I will say romance, forbidden love, heartbreak and playing a dangerous game all form part of Gracie's secret.Through Gracie recollecting the past and going back to over 40 years previous to the 1950's we see she led a life very different from what she does now. Her house, which features on many of her novels, is a seventeenth century farmhouse with lovely ancient bluebell trees and stunning gardens that burst into a blaze of color during spring. I loved the setting of Tuscany- the author really managed to evoke the beautiful scenery and I felt as if I was really there.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment