276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ASUS RT-AC86U Wi-Fi AC2900 Mesh Wifi system Router AiProtection by Trend Micro, WTFast game accelerator free, adaptive QoS, USB 3.0 ASUS router app support, Dual-WAN 3G/4G support

£76.5£153Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As a single router on the 5Ghz band, it has a sustained speed of 837Mbps in close range and 801Mbps when I move the Wi-Fi client 40 feet away with a thin wall in between. But I also tried the position shown below and found the standup position yielded better results, especially on 5 GHz. Not that you should be, of course; prime networking performance still comes from Ethernet, and the RT-AC86U is as slick and seamless as any other router in that department. General settings include Guest networking, a Traffic Analyzer, USB storage settings, AiCloud settings that let you set up your own cloud server, Adaptive QoS with manual and automatic bandwidth limiting and application-specific prioritization, and Game Boost, which gives you access to WTFast routing technology and the Gamers Private Network to provide optimal bandwidth for WTFast-enabled games.

For right now the second router is upstairs at the other end of the house in a bedroom where there was already an ethernet cable to set up a backhaul, but I have been requested to move it out of their bedroom so I might have to ditch the ethernet and set it up somewhere else, I’ll update if that affects my performance. With the support for AiMesh, the router is now part of Asus’ pool of routers that can work together to create a Wi-Fi system. Secondly the TP link c5400 just suddenly stop working and give 5ghz is not supported in your country/region. We currently have a Frontier-provided Arris NVG468MZ which almost does the job, it’s main shortcoming being no or poor service at the extremes of the house. You can use the adaptive QoS automatic settings to prioritize certain types of traffic like games or streaming, or you can manually set which traffic and devices get priority.With the increasing popularity of 5GHz Wi-Fi devices, a router needs to deliver the maximum 5GHz bandwidth possible, with reliable long-range performance. Whether you're gaming online in a heated competition or streaming a live event in 4K UHD, lag and buffering are simply not an option.

The RT-AC86U’s performance was stellar in my testing, both as a single router and part of an AiMesh network. As a result, if you’re using an older Asus router, you can just backup the setting of that router, then upload it to the RT-AC86U during the initial setup wizard.This mighty-mite packs good performance, WDS bridging / repeating and Ethernet-to-wireless adapter capabilities into a package that's sure to lend itself to some creative uses. Obviously if I decide to go with a wireless mesh I’d be better off with two AX92Us, but I’m leaning towards going with a single router with 20 to 30 Wifi 5 clients. Sure, there's a meagre dual band radio on offer, but this unit absolutely ripped through our tests, and network spread was absolutely fine.

All I had to do was connect it to a modem, connect my laptop to the router, power on the router, enter a PIN, set up the login/password for the router and set up the SSIDs/passwords. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.At 30 feet, the RT-AC86U garnered 150Mbps, once again besting the Linksys WRT32X and the Synology RT2600ac, but trailing the D-Link DIR-885L/R. Beyond the confines of your home, it transforms into a portable electric camping kettle, ensuring your favorite hot beverage is just a tap away, wherever you go.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment